Wednesday, August 28, 2024

NFL Predictions 2024-2025

As always, remember that I am a casual fan who really doesn't know what he's talking about.  

Rather that be a fan of one team, I pick a different NFL team to root for every year.  This year, I am supporting the Detroit Lions.   Given that my track record with supporting sports teams is atrocius, I apologize to the Lions and their fans in advance and hope that my sports curse aura does not affect them.

Overall- I don't think there are that many great teams this year, nor do I think there are many absolutely awful teams (well, Carolina, but they play in the worst division in the NFL).  Kansas City is the most talented team on paper, but winning three Super Bowls has never been done; there's too many pitfalls.  I think this season will be a long slog.




NFC


East:

Dallas   10-7
Philadelphia   10-7 (Wild Card)
Washington   8-9
NY Giants   5-12


North:
Detroit   12-5
Green Bay   11-6 (Wild Card)
Chicago   8-9
Minnesota   6-11


South:
Atlanta   10-7
Tampa Bay   7-10
New Orleans   7-10
Carolina   4-13


West:
San Francisco   11-6
Seattle   11-6  (Wild Card)
Los Angeles Rams   9-8
Arizona   4-13



Playoffs:
San Francisco over Philadelphia
Green Bay over Atlanta
Seattle over Dallas

Green Bay over San Francisco
Detroit over Seattle

Detroit over Green Bay



AFC

East:
Buffalo   11-6
NY Jets   10-7 (Wild Card)
Miami   7-10
New England   4-13


North:
Baltimore   12-5
Pittsburgh   9-8
Cleveland   8-9
Cincinnati   5-12

South:
Indianapolis   10-7
Houston   10-7 (Wild Card)
Jacksonville   9-8
Tennessee   6-11


West:
Kansas City   12-5
Los Angeles Chargers   12-5 (Wild Card)
Las Vegas   7-10
Denver   7-10





Playoffs:
Indianapolis over NY Jets
Buffalo over Los Angeles Chargers
Kansas City over Houston

Baltimore over Indianapolis
Buffalo over Kansas City

Baltimore over Buffalo (and this pains me to make this call...)



Super Bowl: Detroit 23, Baltimore 17

No comments:

Post a Comment