Tuesday, August 25, 2026

NFL Predictions: 2026-2027

As always, remember that I am a casual fan who really doesn't know what he's talking about.  

Rather that be a fan of one team, I pick a different NFL team to root for every year.  In the past, it's been Buffalo and Detroit.  This year, I was torn between three teams- Chicago, Atlanta, and the team I ended up with- the Houston Texans.  On the off chance I really am a sports curse, I apologize in advance to the Texans.

Looking over this season... the separation between the good teams and bad teams isn't that wide.  I think most teams win between 7-10 games.  I don't think anyone will win 13 games or win just 3 games.

In the NFC, there are three divisions that look absolutely brutal, with 3 or more possible playoff teams.  Only the South doesn't have a lot of contenders, and none of them look bad.  The Rams, on paper, look the strongest- and I have them making the Super Bowl.  It won't be easy

I think the AFC is the weaker conference.  The North no longer looks like a powerhouse, Kansas City is getting old, and the East is only a two team race.  I have Buffalo coming out of the AFC, though I have a coin flip between them and Denver.

And in the Super Bowl?  The Rams have the defense.  But in one game, after overcoming their demons... I like Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills.  Super Bowl LXI ends the curse for one franchise.




NFC


East:

Philadelphia   10-7
Dallas   10-7 (Wild Card)
NY Giants   8-9
Washington   7-10

North:
Detroit   11-6
Chicago   10-7 (Wild Card)
Green Bay   9-8 
Minnesota   7-10

South:
Atlanta   10-7
Carolina   8-9
New Orleans   8-9
Tampa Bay   6-11

West:
Los Angeles Rams   12-5
Seattle   12-5 (Wild Card)
San Francisco   8-9
Arizona   5-12



Playoffs:
Seattle over Philadelphia
Atlanta over Dallas
Detroit over Chicago

Detroit over Seattle
Los Angeles Rams over Atlanta

Los Angeles Rams over Detroit


AFC

East:
Buffalo   12-5
New England   10-7 (Wild Card)
Miami   6-11
NY Jets   5-12

North:
Baltimore   10-7
Cincinnati   9-8  (Wild Card)
Pittsburgh   9-8 
Cleveland  4-13

South:
Houston   10-7
Tennessee   7-10
Jacksonville   7-10
Indianapolis   7-10

West:
Denver   11-6
Los Angeles Chargers   10-7 (Wild Card)
Kansas City   8-9
Las Vegas   6-11






Playoffs:
Denver over Cincinnati
Los Angeles Chargers over Baltimore
Houston over New England 

Denver over Houston
Buffalo over Los Angeles Chargers

Buffalo over Denver



Super Bowl: Buffalo over Los Angeles Rams, 38-31

No comments:

Post a Comment