Wednesday, October 7, 2015

MLB 2015 Playoff preference

MLB Playoff preference:

1.      Chicago Cubs- Yes, I stopped following them after the Soriano signing.  But they finally learned how to act like a smart team.  They hired Theo Epstein.  They drafted well.  They brought in Joe Maddon when he was available.  I’m sure Harry Caray is up in Heaven, drinking a Budweiser, and having a great time watching this team.

(Giant Gap...)

2.      Houston Astros- my rule; if a team I don’t actively root for can’t win it all, go for the team that has not won it all in my lifetime

3.      Texas Rangers- hence putting the teams from Texas as #2 and #3, with Houston ahead of the Rangers because the Astros are a more impressive story

4.      Pittsburgh Pirates- They won the World Series in my lifetime- but when I was seven. 

5.      Toronto Blue Jays- the only game I attended this year was in Toronto; this was before they had a huge win streak, but even then they looked impressive with their hitting. 

6.      Kansas City Royals- Pro:  Small-market team.  Con:  In the same division as the Indians

(Small Gap...)

7.      St. Louis Cardinals- I don’t hate the Cardinals, but they win.  All.  The.  Time.  It’s boring

(Large Gap...)

8.      New York Mets- Blargh.  Not a Mets fan.  Still think they are karmically paying back all of the luck they used to win in 1986.

9.      Los Angeles Dodgers- But at least the Mets aren’t as obnoxious as the Dodgers.  Or have anywhere near the payroll

10.   New York Yankees- oh, that’s right- they already lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment