Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Post-NBA Lottery Thoughts


NBA Post-lottery draft thoughts:


  • I’m a Cleveland Cavaliers fan, so obviously I wished the Cavs had moved up instead of down.  But #5 is still good enough to get a starter, even in a ‘weak’ draft.  I’m hoping for Jarrett Culver, but it’s up to the front office to make the right choice
  • Last year, the Western Conference received the top four picks in the NBA draft.  This year, they have… three of the top four.  I don’t see the talent gap between the Western and Eastern Conference shrinking.
  • If I’m AD, I hire a PR firm to work on restoring my reputation to New Orleans.  Him AND Zion, with Jrue Holiday and a good GM?  That is a scary team.  If he insists on a trade… well, New Orleans should listen.  But I’m not sure what the best deal for them would be now
  • I think Morant will be a great pick for Memphis
  • The reformed lottery worked, in that tanking is not rewarded as much

No comments:

Post a Comment