Wednesday, February 8, 2023

The State of the Blog

I'm trying to write weekly on this blog- partly to keep writing, partly because it was a New Year's Resolution, partly because a friend and I both agreed to encourage each other to write more, partly... well, I've had this blog for over a dozen years.  I should use it.

But I'm not sure what this blog is about, exactly.  I don't write much about myself.  My philosophy is that anything I post should be expected to go out to the entire world- and I don't want or desire my entire life to be an open book.  

So I usually post about lighter things- music, sports, etc.  I used to post about politics, but I don't anymore.  Politics used to be about two differing philosophies about how to balance between the good of the individual and the good of the larger group.  Now it's more like a sports rivalry- I want my team to win but it's imperative that the other team loses.  

The quality of our lives has vastly increased over the past 200, 100, 25 years.  The quality of our politicians have gone downhill, and I've grown to cynical and apathetic to change them.  Or even argue about them anymore.

I'd rather find out about the technologies and advancements that will affect all of us.  Or learn a new skill.  Or hear a great puzzle that makes you think.  Or get a recommendation for something to watch, read, or listen.

Speaking of which- I've fallen in love with a comedic game show from the UK called Taskmaster.  It's fits my sense of humor exactly, and I highly recommend it.  I'm putting the first episode of series 5 on, but really- any of the seasons are fantastic, and just about everything is on Youtube.  Give it a shot if you have time:






No comments:

Post a Comment