Wednesday, February 12, 2014

In Memoriam: Barbara Jo

One of my closest friends passed away suddenly.  Barbara Jo Erickson was... the best way I can describe her is to say that she embraced life like no other person I ever met.  She wanted to experience everything. 

Ride a motorcycle?   Sure! 
Ski?  Let's go!
Last-minute Trip to Western California for a License Plate show?  When's the flight?

Hanging around her, you needed an open mind to try anything.  She had about 10,000 hobbies, and she'd pick them up and drop them on a whim. 

She was fun, and brilliant, and opinionated, and in-your-face, and she made life much much better just by being in it.  And while we never worked out as a couple, I was so glad we could stay in touch, remain friends, and be a part of each others lives.

Barb was only 45, and while she had had health problems in the past, her death was so unexpected.  Her mother and two of her grandparents are still alive, and this is so horrible for them.

I wish all of you could have met her.

I miss you, Barbara Jo.

See you in the next life.


No comments:

Post a Comment