Monday, October 12, 2020

NBA Finals 2020

Congrats to the Lakers for winning the NBA title.  And a great showing by the Miami Heat (though I can't stand the franchise, I concede their skill as a great team)





With his fourth NBA Title, The LeBron/Jordan GOAT battle is back... a few thoughts:

1) I still think it's a three way battle, with Bill Russell (11 championships) as a viable contender

2) Jordan's major advantage... 6-0. He never lost. And it never felt like he was in serious danger of losing.

3) LeBron's advantage... he's won as the best player on three completely differently rosters, with different coaches. Jordan always has the same core.

4) I still believe LeBron faced tougher competition in the finals than Jordan did. Jordan never faced anyone like the 2013-2014 Spurs or the 2015-2018 Warriors

Conceding my biases.... I think this title gives LeBron the edge.

My top 10 all time basketball rankings
1) LeBron James
2) Michael Jordan
3) Bill Russell
4) Tim Duncan
5) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
6) Magic Johnson
7) Larry Bird
8) Kobe Bryant
9) Hakeem Olajuwon
10) Jerry West

(and yes, Wilt isn't on the list)

No comments:

Post a Comment