Friday, January 10, 2014

NFL Playoffs: Round 2

After going 3 out of 4 last week (including the upset with the Chargers), it's now time for predictions for this week's action.  Winners are in bold font:

Saturday's games:

New Orleans at Seattle:  Seattle is a monster at home.  Seattle is the team I'm rooting for.  New Orleans did great last week- but Seattle is a better team than Philadelphia. 

Indianapolis at New England:  New England has been winning with smoke and mirrors all year.  They've been CLOBBERED by injuries, and Indianapolis seems to be getting better each week.  Going for the upset here.


Sunday's games:

San Francisco at Carolina:  I'm confident about my Saturday predictions, but both of Sunday's games are coin flips.  San Francisco looked good last week, but Cam Newton has been on a run, and Carolina seems to have the "Eye of the Tiger (er, Panther)".  Going with the home team here.

San Diego at Denver:  I know, I know... don't bet against Peyton Manning.  But the games have been close, and Manning in cold weather is a bad combination.  I might be completely wrong here- this is the third time they've played each other, so it might come down to coaching and who makes the better adjustments.  I'll go with the upset, but I keep flip-flopping here.

No comments:

Post a Comment