Thursday, January 26, 2023

Well, this sucks...

My plans at the start of the week:  "I'll go visit my parents, and practice the guitar, and work out, and see about cleaning up the tool room, and..."

Reality:  I don't think so.

I've got COVID.  



Lovely.

It's my second time catching it.  I've gotten the vaccines and two boosters, so I'm not worried about long-term issues.  Thanks to modern science, for all practical purposes COVID isn't any worse for me than the flu.  

But it's still annoying.  And has knocked me on my ass for the past couple of days.

A couple brief thoughts:

* One of the main symptoms of this strain of COVID is a sore throat.  I hate having a sore throat, because it keeps waking me up all night.  I can sleep fine- for an hour at a time.  

* Honestly, the speed at the development of the COVID vaccine was impressive to the point of being scary.  The potential for the mRNA to solve not only viruses, but genetic disorders and even cancer... 

* Well... I needed something to write about this week


No comments:

Post a Comment