Monday, January 1, 2024

Project 190: 2024 update 1

 Weight (2024-01-01):  223.0 pounds


Yep, new year, new resolution-  I haven't been happy with how I've been feeling for the past few months, and I've gotten away from the principles and ideas that I did follow when I was healthier.  I waited until after the holidays and now I'm back on a plan on eating healthy.  

And, since I'm not sure who reads my blog besides a couple of close friends and some bots (Hi, bots!), I plan on using this site as a journal for this journey.  I'll put the progress up here on a weekly basis - I figure if it put it out for the world to see, it'll keep me on the path.

I'm keeping track of the weight... well, I'm an engineer.  I measure things and it gives me metrics to follow and a goal to shoot for.  I've said for years that if I ever dropped below 190 pounds I'd get a tattoo (slight problem; I still have no idea what tattoo I would want to get).  Let's see how close I can get.

I'm not calling this a diet, because my goal is to eat healthier on a permanent basis.  When I lost 30 pounds before, I kept it off for a long time because it wasn't so much a case of depriving myself as much as learning to enjoy healthier foods.  But over time, I've slipped; 223 is the highest I've been in years.  So, back to level 1 on this journey.  

Cheers!

(I'll still be using this blog for other thoughts; another resolution is to post more often.)




No comments:

Post a Comment