Sunday, January 7, 2024

Project 190: 2024 Update 2

 Weight (2024-01-08)  218.8 lbs

Change since last week:  -4.2 lbs

Change since January 1st:  -4.2 lbs


This is a good start, but it's a little unfair.  I ate a ton on December 31st so January 1st was artificially high.

I'm keeping track of the weight to monitor my progress, but the more important issue is that I am restarting healthier eating habits.  Fewer snacks (and healthier; instead of cookies, fruit), and eating more meals that are salads or vegetables.  

And potatoes; lots of potatoes.  Baked potatoes, no oil, no butter, almost no salt.  I do put vingear on for flavor.  For the cold winter months, potatoes are great and healthy.

My big question is if I need to get rid of the frozen fruit smoothies.  In the summer, I have them 2-3 times a week.  It's frozen fruit, a little peanut butter, almond milk, and some instant breakfast mix.  I'm not sure if this works with my diet.  When I lost weight in the past, I didn't have any.  At the moment, I have enough milk and fruit to make several more.  I will monitor (health and weight) and decide if I should keep them up.

Just the first step of a long journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment